Oh, my gosh! Liza Soberano is so stunning, I love her look at the recent Star Magic Ball. Although it was a few months ago, I am still stunned by her beauty. I want to achieve her look but unfortunately, that gorgeous look is not suitable for me. Her face is so angelic and mine is the opposite of it, ha-ha! Kidding aside, I am eyeing off a glamorous look I want to mimic [Read more…]
Our skin is one of the most important parts of our body, we make every effort to keep it beautiful, glowing and flawless. However, due to the everyday negative factors such as the sun UV ray damages, dirt and air pollutants, bad habit of not washing before bedtime, unsuitable beauty products, current weather condition, and unhealthy food intake. These factors make our skin dull, unhealthy and annoying. Yes, it annoys me when my skin is flaky, dry or oily! I hate it when the temperature is humid or rainy! However, I recently discovered that the foods we ate had a huge part in what our skin have become. That is why I came up with taking notes of the foods that I should eat so I will have healthier skin.
I also learned about the skin types, it is important to know about your skin type so you can address it properly. If you still wonder what your skin type is, here is a brief description of each.
- Normal skin- you are so lucky to have this, I envy you! You have barely visible pores, glowing skin complexion (please take note that having light skin does not mean that you are glowing, people who have a darker shade of skin can also glow), and of course, very less or zero imperfections.
- Oily skin- this is very common in puberty age, I had this when I was younger! You have this type when you have a shiny complexion and very prone to pimples.
- Dry skin- usually people who lived in humid or tropical countries have this type. You will notice that you have flaky skin, rough and dull complexion.
- Combination- I have this skin type, a combination of oily and dry skin. This is the most common type of skin in our country! Check your T-zone (forehead, nose, and chin) if it is oily and check the other parts of your face if they are dry then you have this skin type.
- Sensitive skin- aw, I don’t want this skin type, sounds complicated to me. If you are very sensitive from the heat and cold temperature, have flaky skin, and easily get rashes or redness of the skin, your skin type is sensitive.
Now, after you have identified your skin type, you can easily determine which products you should buy and what kind of diet you are going to have. I listed the foods that I need to eat, regardless the skin type, these foods are essential to have healthier and glowing skin!
Feed Your Skin With The Right Food:
- Dark chocolate- I am not a huge fan of this type of chocolate, but I started my switch. I am a big fan of milk chocolate, but I find out that dark chocolates are very rich in flavanols, an antioxidant that helps keep the skin hydrated. I am loving it now!
- Oatmeal- I love this in the morning, mixed with some fresh fruits and honey! Oatmeal is great for skin healing, I also have an oatmeal soap! Great as an anti-wrinkle agent too!
- Tomatoes- I love tomatoes, whether raw or cooked but I found out that lycopene in tomatoes will only be potent if cooked. So I always include tomatoes when I am cooking our food. Tomatoes help us improve our protection from the sun’s UV rays.
- Apple- Oh, lucky me, I love apples! This fruit is very rich in Vitamin C which is essential in making our skin healthy.
- Soy- Good thing, I love soy drink and soybean curd. This food will help reduce hyperpigmentation and also helps in getting a glowing complexion.
- Carrots- If you want to have healthier and fair complexion, eat more carrots which have a higher content of carotenoids.
- Yogurt- This yummy treat helps prevent wrinkles, making the skin firm. I will add this to my daily diet!
- Walnuts- This nut is my favorite, although a little bit expensive. It is so rich in omega-3 essential fatty acids that make skin even elastic.
- Sunflower seeds- I love this seed, so yummy! This food is so rich in vitamin E which is an essential to making the skin glow and keep protected from the sun.
- Green Tea- I love milk tea, but I never knew that green tea is very beneficial for the skin. It helps fight inflammation and redness.
Foods You Should Avoid:
- Junk foods- This is a total no, no! You will not get any nutrients that your skin needs with junk foods, it will also make your skin dehydrated.
- Coffee- The caffeine in coffee can trigger acne and pimple breakouts. Stay away from caffeinated coffee and choose decaf organic coffee. I am trying to stay away from coffee, this is hard for me!
- Soft drinks- This type of drink is very rich in caffeine and sugar. Just like coffee, caffeine is bad for the skin. You can still have soft drinks, chose for caffeine-less soft drinks, but still watch out for the sugar! The refined sugar found in soft drinks can cause inflammation and make damage to the skin.
- Fatty foods- This type of food is not good for our skin, it will result in a dull complexion.
- Sweet goodies- Just like soft drinks, sweet goodies are very rich in refined sugar, which is not good for the skin.
- Alcohol- This type of drink intoxicates the body. It will leave your body dehydrated and that has a great effect on the skin.
- Grilled meats- These foods make your skin look and feel old. Yikes, I love BBQ!
- Salty foods- These foods will cause acne breakouts and dehydrated the skin, making it deprived of the right amount of fluids it needs.
- Fried foods- I love fried foods, I am good at cooking them! Ha-ha, but I have to avoid it as it will make damages on my skin. Aside from it, it will make the skin look puffy and dry.
- Dairy- This is really bad for people with oily skin. Avoid dairy products as much as possible, look for dairy-free milk like almond milk to be safe.
As much as I want to eat these avoid foods, but I shouldn’t! I want to take care of my skin while I am still in my mid 20’s, I don’t want to regret when I reach my 50’s. Women, disregard the age, should always take care of our skin. I regret some of my scars when I was a kid, I know how careless I am when I am young! But when I learned about this stuff, I am so careful with what I am eating. I don’t just turn my diet upside down in an instant, but it is still in the process. As much as possible, I avoid eating outside. I also have a list of these foods in our kitchen so it will keep me reminded of the foods that I need to eat to have a healthier, glowing skin!
Mayon Volcano in Albay, Bicol has an almost perfectly-shaped cone. Every time it erupts, tourists come in droves to witness its beauty.
The fact that this is the most active volcano in the Philippines does not deter tourists from taking a glimpse of its nearly perfect conical shape. Aptly called [Read more…]
Hi there! I’m glad that I’m back to share my experiences with Maybelline New York The Hyper Curl Volume Express. Finally, I found the perfect mascara on my lashes, it gives my lashes gorgeous looks.
I’ve done many times with eyelash extension, First, it looks gorgeous but at the end of a week [Read more…]
“Are he still wearing a diaper at night?”
“Is he not yet ready to pee or poop by himself?”
“He’s already a grown up, teach him!”
“When are you going to buy a potty training for him?”
“You are such a lazy mom, it is easy to potty train a toddler!”
I hear all these questions almost every day from my friends and relatives. At first, I feel like it is okay to hear this, but later on, I am starting to get offended as they bombard me with such questions and statements. Then I asked myself, what’s wrong with my son, why is he not yet into potty training readiness? Or what’s wrong with me- am I the one who is delaying my son’s potty training? Suddenly, [Read more…]
There are many things that have changed in my life ever since I become independent. I can make my own decisions. I can be a better person if I want to, I have to admit it that I have a horrible past. I am a product of a broken family or should I say, a second family as I tackled it on my biggest regrets.
My childhood was not the typical happy and carefree childhood many of you have. I am always careful with the words that I utter and I am always limited in my actions. I feel like I am no equal to my cousins. I feel like an outcast in the family. I feel bad and sad when I was a child.
I learned that my family is not the first and legal family of my father. Once in a while, those memories are still lingering in my mind. I am hurt, but I am brave enough to face it when I was young. I also learned that I have 5 other siblings; 4 sisters and a brother. It could have been a very exciting childhood, learning that I am not the eldest in the family and I have 4 big sisters! With that, I can go carefree as I want to be and play with my big sisters. My expectations did not happen, pains keep hurting me and so as hard and terrible words that pierced my heart.
I’ve kept those pains in my heart, but I later realized that it is not helping me. So, I decided to move on- slowly but surely. Time has passed and wounds are healing. My sisters and I are having a little conversation through Facebook. At first, it was a very awkward moment. Yes, can you imagine it? I don’t know about them.
When we saw each other in person, it was a few years ago and we talked to each other but not like a normal sister-bonding moment. Maybe, it is normal in our case. I am very thankful in their response and acceptance. It is so hard to be in this situation, trust me.
Sometimes, I am thinking of visiting my sisters or do some bonding with them, but I am skeptical about it in due respect to their mother. Maybe, one of these days I will have the guts of doing it. My father’s mistake has hurt a lot of people, but I know God has a plan for everything.
Right now, we communicate regularly via Facebook and I think our wounds deep inside our hearts are totally healed. I can truly say that I moved on from my terrible past and my post about my biggest regret had just ended.
I am not anymore that little girl that I used to be… I will not let my past situation dictate who am I going to be. I am now a woman- tough, confident and wiser.
Last month, we bought vitamin syrup for my son and we thought that, it would be good for my son. But it’s really not worth to had that. Last week, we saw the Nutri 10 Plus Syrup for kids. I tried it to my son for one week and he was really active especially when we have an [Read more…]
When I was a child, I used to adore my aunties’ skin. They are in their 30’s and 40’s when I was on my reckless days. They all have fair and flawless skin, maybe because of our Chinese blood. During my childhood days, I am not cautious with what I do. I just go play and be careless as I can be outside the house. I ended up getting wounds when I was a child and that drives my grandma crazy. She told me that when I get older, I will regret those times. Then, after so many years I found out that my grandma is totally correct! My skin is not as flawless as my aunties! I got scars on my legs. Good thing that I found helpful products that keep my skin healthier than before. I tried so many things and [Read more…]
Last weekend, we watched “Finding Dory” at a cinema near our house. It is not our first time to watch a movie together with our son, Moti. He is turning 3 this August. The very first time we watch a movie together, I was a little bit skeptical that he might go bored or uncontrollable. That time, he was a little bit younger and he still breastfeeds at me. I learned a lot from our very first experienced in watching a movie. That time, breastfeeding gives him comfort every time there is [Read more…]
It was raining hard these past few days and I am so lazy to go outside. My hubby will be mad at me if I will not do the grocery. Our pantry is still in stock, but our beauty essentials are already running out of stock and I also need a new lip tint for our weekend date! So, I browse the net and saw Beauty MNL’s Site. Perhaps hubby won’t get mad if I just shop online. I like shopping online and most of my dresses and makeup comes from sellers I just met on Facebook. However, I had a horrible experienced with a seller so [Read more…]