I am guilty about this, especially when I am exhausted! My husband arguing a lot about cleaning my face before I sleep. Thanks a lot that I listened to him! I found out many reasons why I should wash my face before going to bed. One of these reasons is avoiding getting old fast. I don’t want to wake up one day realizing that my face is 10 years older than my actual age. Yikes! That is one of my fears. [Read more…]
When I was a child, I used to adore my aunties’ skin. They are in their 30’s and 40’s when I was on my reckless days. They all have fair and flawless skin, maybe because of our Chinese blood. During my childhood days, I am not cautious with what I do. I just go play and be careless as I can be outside the house. I ended up getting wounds when I was a child and that drives my grandma crazy. She told me that when I get older, I will regret those times. Then, after so many years I found out that my grandma is totally correct! My skin is not as flawless as my aunties! I got scars on my legs. Good thing that I found helpful products that keep my skin healthier than before. I tried so many things and [Read more…]
Our skin is one of the most important parts of our body, we make every effort to keep it beautiful, glowing and flawless. However, due to the everyday negative factors such as the sun UV ray damages, dirt and air pollutants, bad habit of not washing before bedtime, unsuitable beauty products, current weather condition, and unhealthy food intake. These factors make our skin dull, unhealthy and annoying. Yes, it annoys me when my skin is flaky, dry or oily! I hate it when the temperature is humid or rainy! However, I recently discovered that the foods we ate had a huge part in what our skin have become. That is why I came up with taking notes of the foods that I should eat so I will have healthier skin.
I also learned about the skin types, it is important to know about your skin type so you can address it properly. If you still wonder what your skin type is, here is a brief description of each.
- Normal skin- you are so lucky to have this, I envy you! You have barely visible pores, glowing skin complexion (please take note that having light skin does not mean that you are glowing, people who have a darker shade of skin can also glow), and of course, very less or zero imperfections.
- Oily skin- this is very common in puberty age, I had this when I was younger! You have this type when you have a shiny complexion and very prone to pimples.
- Dry skin- usually people who lived in humid or tropical countries have this type. You will notice that you have flaky skin, rough and dull complexion.
- Combination- I have this skin type, a combination of oily and dry skin. This is the most common type of skin in our country! Check your T-zone (forehead, nose, and chin) if it is oily and check the other parts of your face if they are dry then you have this skin type.
- Sensitive skin- aw, I don’t want this skin type, sounds complicated to me. If you are very sensitive from the heat and cold temperature, have flaky skin, and easily get rashes or redness of the skin, your skin type is sensitive.
Now, after you have identified your skin type, you can easily determine which products you should buy and what kind of diet you are going to have. I listed the foods that I need to eat, regardless the skin type, these foods are essential to have healthier and glowing skin!
Feed Your Skin With The Right Food:
- Dark chocolate- I am not a huge fan of this type of chocolate, but I started my switch. I am a big fan of milk chocolate, but I find out that dark chocolates are very rich in flavanols, an antioxidant that helps keep the skin hydrated. I am loving it now!
- Oatmeal- I love this in the morning, mixed with some fresh fruits and honey! Oatmeal is great for skin healing, I also have an oatmeal soap! Great as an anti-wrinkle agent too!
- Tomatoes- I love tomatoes, whether raw or cooked but I found out that lycopene in tomatoes will only be potent if cooked. So I always include tomatoes when I am cooking our food. Tomatoes help us improve our protection from the sun’s UV rays.
- Apple- Oh, lucky me, I love apples! This fruit is very rich in Vitamin C which is essential in making our skin healthy.
- Soy- Good thing, I love soy drink and soybean curd. This food will help reduce hyperpigmentation and also helps in getting a glowing complexion.
- Carrots- If you want to have healthier and fair complexion, eat more carrots which have a higher content of carotenoids.
- Yogurt- This yummy treat helps prevent wrinkles, making the skin firm. I will add this to my daily diet!
- Walnuts- This nut is my favorite, although a little bit expensive. It is so rich in omega-3 essential fatty acids that make skin even elastic.
- Sunflower seeds- I love this seed, so yummy! This food is so rich in vitamin E which is an essential to making the skin glow and keep protected from the sun.
- Green Tea- I love milk tea, but I never knew that green tea is very beneficial for the skin. It helps fight inflammation and redness.
Foods You Should Avoid:
- Junk foods- This is a total no, no! You will not get any nutrients that your skin needs with junk foods, it will also make your skin dehydrated.
- Coffee- The caffeine in coffee can trigger acne and pimple breakouts. Stay away from caffeinated coffee and choose decaf organic coffee. I am trying to stay away from coffee, this is hard for me!
- Soft drinks- This type of drink is very rich in caffeine and sugar. Just like coffee, caffeine is bad for the skin. You can still have soft drinks, chose for caffeine-less soft drinks, but still watch out for the sugar! The refined sugar found in soft drinks can cause inflammation and make damage to the skin.
- Fatty foods- This type of food is not good for our skin, it will result in a dull complexion.
- Sweet goodies- Just like soft drinks, sweet goodies are very rich in refined sugar, which is not good for the skin.
- Alcohol- This type of drink intoxicates the body. It will leave your body dehydrated and that has a great effect on the skin.
- Grilled meats- These foods make your skin look and feel old. Yikes, I love BBQ!
- Salty foods- These foods will cause acne breakouts and dehydrated the skin, making it deprived of the right amount of fluids it needs.
- Fried foods- I love fried foods, I am good at cooking them! Ha-ha, but I have to avoid it as it will make damages on my skin. Aside from it, it will make the skin look puffy and dry.
- Dairy- This is really bad for people with oily skin. Avoid dairy products as much as possible, look for dairy-free milk like almond milk to be safe.
As much as I want to eat these avoid foods, but I shouldn’t! I want to take care of my skin while I am still in my mid 20’s, I don’t want to regret when I reach my 50’s. Women, disregard the age, should always take care of our skin. I regret some of my scars when I was a kid, I know how careless I am when I am young! But when I learned about this stuff, I am so careful with what I am eating. I don’t just turn my diet upside down in an instant, but it is still in the process. As much as possible, I avoid eating outside. I also have a list of these foods in our kitchen so it will keep me reminded of the foods that I need to eat to have a healthier, glowing skin!
I love using makeup, in fact, I have some of my favorites that I will review later. My most favorite kind of makeup is lip tints, I love every color and I lose counting them (yeah, I have so many)! I am also a huge fan of makeup apps and I keep taking selfies of myself and editing them in my favorite app. As I use my makeup for almost every day (yeah, I used it even when I am at home, ha-ha!), I learned so many lessons and decided to write them down so I can share it with you! Are you excited for it?! I bet, you are!
So, let’s tackle them one by one.
#1: Airbrushed effect
I recently bought a set of makeup brush but honestly, I still have no clear idea on how to use each of them! Am I crazy or just an impulse buyer?! Before I bought my newest makeup brush set, I use this magical effect. I use a regular brush that I have been using in my blush on and dab it in my favorite blush on. I swirl the brush on my cheek bone in a circular motion to my hairline before the ears. Even if you don’t have an airbrush, this method will give you the effect you desired of.
#2: No-no swelling eyes
I find myself crying in the night while I am watching my favorite shows and this makes my eyes puff in the morning! Yikes, one day I watched a heavy Korean drama and the next morning my eyes are swelling! Lucky me, I don’t have any appointment and I just stayed in the house the whole day. I found out that cold water is great for swelling eyes, simply splash it in your eyes right after you wake up. Ta-da! Your eyes are back on track!
#3: Another no-no: lip licking
I hate dry lips, during this cold seasons my lips are chapped and I hate the feeling! I usually licked my lips because I feel that my lips are drying so I keep them dehydrated by licking. But lately, my dentist notice my chapping lips when I had an appointment with her and advise me to stop it immediately. The bad habit is unknowingly making my chapped lips worse so I had to stop it immediately. I learned that the saliva is drying the lips even more so she told me to use a soothing lip balm or petroleum jelly instead.
#4: Eyeshadow for long-lasting lipstick
Every woman wants a long-lasting lipstick but this kind of lipstick is kinda expensive. So, what’s the last resort? Yeah, fake brands! But they aren’t proven safe and effective! Here is a trick that you will love. After you apply your lipstick, topped it with your eyeshadow with a matching shade. This will give you a long-lasting lipstick and a matte finish too!
You may also like – http://allaroundmoms.com/2017/01/kilay-is-life-eyebrow-shaving-101/
#5: Retouch using oil
Isn’t annoying if your foundation is already running and you need to retouch but have no proper place or you are too shy to do it? Don’t worry, you can use a small amount of oil, even your baby’s oil to retouch your skin. Dab the oil on your cheeks, just a little amount of it will do. This will make your face glow, make sure you don’t overdo it.
#6: ATM for volume eyelashes
I love my lashes, even if they aren’t that long! I use a simple trick to get my desired volume. Using an ATM card (you can use any card), I place it behind my lashes. Then I apply my mascara from roots to tips just the usual way I do it without the card and voila! I have a volume eyelashes! This is very easy to do and I love this trick because it is mess-free!
#7: Don’t throw that soft eyeliner
I want my eyeliner hard, when it is soft it will just smudge on my face and I don’t like it! I am having a hard time sharpening my soft eyeliner, too bad because it is my favorite. I read before that I can freeze it to make it hard and easier to sharp and use. So I give it a try and yes, it works like magic!
#8: Removing makeup instantly
Makeup removal isn’t easy especially when you have so many layers. I love my makeup remover but sometimes I am having difficulties. So one day, I add a few drops of baby oil on my cotton ball which already has my makeup remover. I am so surprised with the result! My makeup removes in an instant! Even coconut oil, sunflower oil, and olive oil work too!
#9: Forget the blush
One day, I forgot my blush on and I am looking pale! I will meet an old friend that day so I don’t want to look pale and dull. I only had my lipstick with me. I rushed to the toilet a minute before our meet up, my only resort is my lipstick so I had no other choice. I am too shy to borrow someone’s blush on in the mall’s comfort room and it is not hygienic at all. I also have no time to go to the department store’s makeup section to apply some blush on tester there! So, I give my faith to my lipstick and hoping it will work. I am so surprised, I like it and the feeling is not sticky and not heavy! Sometimes even when I have my blush on with me, I still prefer my lipstick!
#10: 1 eyeshadow for 2 events
One day I had 2 events that needed to attend to. In the afternoon, I need to accompany my son to a children’s party and after that, I had a besties’ night out. So, I need a glamorous makeup that will suit the two events because I have no time for retouch! So I decided to blend two eye shadow colors and I love the new shade! It is perfect for the besties’ night out and suite the party without intimidating the kids. I love this trick and I will do it over and over again!
Ops, I have a bonus tip for you! Buy makeup that is rich in vitamin C, E, B#, and zinc- they are all good for the skin! And of course, don’t forget your sun protection, look for SPF 15 or 30! Stay beautiful and fabulous, girl! XoXo!
Hi there! I want to share something that I truly love, salamat s kapatid kong maganda kasi inisporsoran niya ko ng palette na ganito kaganda. Hahaha charot! Sakanya po iyan ni-review ko lang.
So, I think this is the best dupe of
Disclosure: This is not sponsored post, all opinions are 100% mine.
Hi there! It’s been a long time since I reviewed a product. So today, I’m going to share my experience of using Rorec facial mask.
I bought 10 pcs Rorec facial mask from my
I almost make my tummy aches when I heard a joke about eyebrows. This joke is from Filipino language, “Biruin mo na ang lasing, huwag lang ang misis mong na nagkikilay!” (Go mess up with a drunkard but not with your wife who is fixing her brows!) It is better told in Filipino, right! Yeah, Kilay is really life! I will make a series of post about “Kilay” (eyebrows). Now, let’s first talk about threading. I know what you are thinking, the ouches of threading! Before you try it, I will give you a glimpse of threading and its advantages and disadvantages. Feels like I am having a good vibes of becoming a beauty guru, how I wish I can be one! So, now let’s just pretend that I am your “Kilay guru”, I like the sounds of it! [Read more…]
When it comes to beauty, no doubt that every woman in the world is an advocate of it. Back when we were young, we spent most our days carefree. Now, we are reaping most of our careless days. One of the best regimens for the damages is maintaining a skin care [Read more…]