When it comes to beauty, no doubt that every woman in the world is an advocate of it. Back when we were young, we spent most our days carefree. Now, we are reaping most of our careless days. One of the best regimens for the damages is maintaining a skin care daily routine. Admit it or not, it is not easy at the beginning! Well, a facial mask is a huge help if you are not the habitual type of person. What nice about a facial mask is you can do it from the comfort of your home, and it only requires you to use one to twice a week! It is convenient, especially for busy women!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE – LASH BOOST
Here are few tips for Facial Mask 101:
Tip #1: Buy what is appropriate to your skin type
It is really tempting to buy branded facial mask, but be cautious as you may be buying the wrong ones. Our skin is different from each other. Some have oily skin, some have dry. Lucky if your skin type is normal.
First of all, you need to determine your skin type.
- Normal skin- minimal to zero sensitivity
- Oily skin- shiny face complexion
- Dry skin- flaky skin texture
- Oily-dry skin combination- T-zone (nose, chin, and forehead) is oily and other parts are just dry
- Sensitive skin- mostly sensitive to the sun, products, and even on water
To give you an idea on what to buy, here are 10 facial mask brand available in the market:
- Laniege Firming Sleeping Pack- for sagging skin
- Nature Republic Bamboo Charcoal Mud Pack- for oily skin
- Burt’s Bees Intense Hydration Treatment Mask- for dry skin
- Manuka Honey Purifying Clay Mask- promoting radiance skin
- Shiseido White Lucent Power Brightening Facial Mask- for damage skin (sun-related damages)
- The Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask- for excess oil and skin purisying
- Snow Skin Care Aura Withening Booster Mask- for skin regenaration
- Daiso Japan Facial Mask Charcoal Peel-off Blackhead Remover- for skin with large pores
- Dermal Collagen Essence Mask- for aging skin
- Pilaten Black Mask Tube Blackheads and Acne Remover- for acne prone skin
Tip #2: Exfoliate
To help remove your dead skin cells, you can exfoliate it. This process will also let your skin breath freely and absorbs the mask completely.
Tip #3: Apply mask after shower
It is best to apply after you take a shower since your pores are open. In this way, your skin will be able to absorb the ingredients from the mask and maximizing its effect! In applying, make sure to apply in upward position and if you can find a brush for facial mask application, the better!
Tip #4: Remove using lukewarm water
You cannot leave the mask on your face for so long. Just follow the instructions given in the packaging, take not eo of the time. To ease the removal of the mask, make sure you use luke warm water.
Tip #5: Apply moisturizer and toner
After removing the facial mask and washing it with lukewarm water, your skin will tend to dry. So, make sure to apply moisturizer and do not forget to use a toner too! The toner will maximized the effect of the facial mask on your face.